
This is such a special post to me...on March 5, 2010, one of my dearest friends,
Shannon, welcomed sweet baby Westin into this world!! Shannon and I have been fast friends since the 7th grade. She is one of the most loyal, caring, practical, hilarious, and funny! people that I know. We prayed for a very long time for Westin, and I cannot tell you the joy I felt when I found out she was pregnant and the joy when he actually made his appearance here on this earth. It was actually a very funny story when I found out she was pregnant...Trey and I had been somewhere together, but had driven separate cars. I was at the end of the block (a good 3 to 4 houses away) in my car and he had already pulled into the driveway, parked, and was walking into the house. At that moment, Shannon told me on the phone that she was pregnant. I yelled 'YES!' so loudly that Trey turned around from inside the doorway and looked at me in my car. I later asked him why he looked at me, and he said that he heard me yell all the way from my car (and yes, the windows were up!) I yelled 'Yes!' and then don't think that I could talk for another minute cuz I was sobbing! :) It made it even more special because Westin arrived on March 5th which is also Logan's birthday. (I have another dear friend,
Stephanie, that has a daughter that shares a b'day with Jay...I just LOVE that...it is like God's little extra special blessings!! And I think He also knows how horrible I am at remembering dates so He thought He would help me out and let my best friends' kids have the same b'days so I wouldn't forget!!)
In April, they stopped in to see us, and I got to meet Westin for the first time. He is so precious and Shannon is an amazing mother!! It was so fun for my boys to get to 'meet' him as well. Jay talked about the 'baby' for days after they left and if I ever mention Shannon, he will still ask about her 'baby'. I realize that Westin is almost 6 months old now...but Welcome Baby Westin!! We love you (and your mama...and your daddy!) with all of our hearts and are so thankful that God chose to bless this earth with your life!!!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh...you have me tearing up! Haha What a sweet post!! You are so sweet. Love you!!
Post a Comment