Sunday, October 3, 2010

Update #15....Happy Father's Day - Take 2!

Well, I have a little 'confession' to make!! In the last post, I said that we celebrated Father's Day in Destin, and we did, but it was actually by default. To be honest...I completely forgot about Father's Day for Trey this year!!! I am not even kidding!! We had been out of town for Dustin and Amy's wedding. I had taken care of all the details that the wedding involved, and then we came home and I immediately began packing everything up for the boys and trying to figure out what all we needed to pack for the beach, etc... I even went and bought a present for my Dad for Father's Day to take with us on the trip and we got one for Trey's Dad knowing that we would be away from him on Father's Day. So, the Saturday night before Father's Day, we all decided to go to Bass Pro Shop in Destin. As we're walking in the doors, Trey made a funny remark like, "And this would be a wonderful place for anyone to buy gifts for a Father since tomorrow is Father's Day...hint hint!" Everyone in my family started laughing at him and saying 'How Funny!', yatta, yatta....well, I completely froze! Literally, I stopped dead in my tracks, looked at him, and said, 'YOU'RE A FATHER TOO!!!' My mom and sisters then started laughing at me, and were like, 'Christina, stop being silly!! Like you would ever forget him on Father's Day!' As awful as it sounds, I honestly had not thought about him being a Dad once. Isn't that horrible?!?! I do not know that I have ever felt so awful in my entire life!! Once I finally convinced everyone that I was really and truly not joking, everyone just kind of stared at me in silence and then started doting on Trey like never before! I spent the rest of the evening following Trey all around Bass Pro and begging anyone to let me know if he stopped and looked at anything for longer than 10 seconds. In my head, I have always associated Father's Day with my Dad (and now Trey's Dad). Trey is not my Dad so it just never really dawned on me that I am the representative to do something for my 2 and 1 yr. old son who are clearly not old enough to take on this wonderful responsibility by themselves yet (although they probably would have already been able to do a better job than me!) We had already planned to go out to dinner as a family for my Dad on Father's Day so we did take Trey out to lunch as a family of 4 in Destin, but that was about it!! Poor Trey!! We got home from Destin, and I still was feeling so horrible and guilty that I ended up proclaiming one random day as our official 'Father's Day!' So, we had a 'Father's Day Take #2' and did our best to make it up to him!! I know it sounds like I have to say this now....but we really and truly do adore you Trey!! You are the greatest Dad ever, and these boys are so blessed to have you in their life and to have you as their leader!!
This is the little 'poem' we presented to him on our 'make-up' Fathers Day....(don't you love how I keep saying 'we' like the boys forgot and are part of the guilty party too?!?! ;)
We can't believe we forgot Father's Day,
we feel 'oh so bad',
cuz we really do think
you're the #1 Dad!

We want to make it up to you,
It's all we can do,
Cuz weddings, vacations, and life
Made my brain quite sticky like glue.

Muffins & eggs for breakfast,
Oh, what a deal!
But we have something for lunch
That might make you squeal!

The choice is up to you,
BBQ or wings?
Because we all know
These are two of your favorite things!

And later this evening,
When the day is nearly done,
We'll take you one last place
For a special yogurt run!!

They say they have thousands of toppings,
With calories galore.
They even say
They can make your yogurt taste like a s'more!

These are our best efforts,
It's all that we can do,
But at least you'll always remember
'HAPPY FATHER'S DAY...TAKE 2!!!'
We love you Daddy! You are the very best!!!
Mommy, Jay, Logan, & Baby Boy #3

Here is Trey on his official 'Father's Day' with his cute boys and delicious breakfast...ha! :)

Trey receiving his Father's Day presents
(Please do not be alarmed that Logan is chewing on a fake hand...this is a very common sight around our house considering Trey's job. Many times, it is a foot or any other random body part.)

This is just a cute pic of the boys on our way home from our Father's Day outings...they have started 'holding hands' in the car and will say 'Hand!' over and over until we look back and notice them. So sweet!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash