Saturday, October 2, 2010

Update #14....Destin with the Fam!!

So, two days after Dustin and Amy's wedding, we loaded up and headed off to Destin. For the longest time, it was touch and go as to whether or not we would get to go due to the oil spills. We contemplated all kinds of different vacations, but finally decided just to risk it and go. And, I'm so glad we did!! The beach was beautiful, relaxing, and wonderful and I would have been so sad had we settled for some pond somewhere and not have gotten to enjoy the beach!! We went with my parents, my two younger sisters, and my brother in law. My oldest sister and her family didn't get to come and we missed them!! :( We did all the wonderful things associated with the beach...soaked up the sun, laid out, read good books, ate good food, shopped, laughed, played silly games, watched movies, took good naps in the cold air conditioner, drank lots of coffee....it was wonderful! Even though we live in the same town as my family, it was fun to get away with them and have no agenda. Trey and I were also spoiled because there was always someone in the 'house' for us to be able to leave kiddos napping or playing, and we actually got some alone time together and I actually got some 'laying out' time. Yes, life at the beach with two little ones is definitely different and a lot more work, but it was tons of fun!!
This was both Jay and Logan's first time at the beach and in the sand. It was interesting to see their different responses to it. Logan was very interested in the sand, but was not interested in actually being in the water. It seems like everyone talks about their kids eating sand once and then never eating it again...not Logan. I think he would have eaten 3 meals a day out of sand!
It took Jay a little longer to actually enjoy the sand. As long as it was not all over his legs or body, he was fine with it. He LOVED the water as long as someone was holding him or he got to be on a raft with someone. Although, I think that Jay spent the majority of his time in this little portable pool that we had originally bought for Logan to use. Oh well...whatever floats your boat! :)'Construction zone'

Jay and 'Mimi' enjoying playing on the beach

A night out on the town
(Emily, me, Rachel, Seth, & a very stoic Logan)

The 'girls' (and Jay!)

All the 'men' at Bass Pro Shop
(and the back of Logan's head!)

We actually celebrated Father's Day while we were in Destin...our family of four took Trey out to lunch!

Trey and his boys!!

Sweet kisses from Jay!

Celebrating Father's Day with the entire family that night....Dad and his girls (plus Jay and minus Sarah)

Isn't it amazing how the trip home always seems so much
l-o-n-g-e-r?!?! I'm not sure what hour into the trip this was, but Trey and I had about had it with the constant questions, requests, demands, whining, fussing, etc.... We had taken this quilt with us, and I jokingly put it up to block out the noise!! It was so funny!! We laughed and said that we felt like we were limo drivers. Amazingly, it actually did work (for a few brief moments!) I think the boys were so confused and weren't sure if we had disappeared forever or what!! :)

1 comment:

Carman said...

How fun! I can't wait to take Laine to the beach for the first time. And what a great idea to take a kiddie pool-I might have to steal that one!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash