Sunday, October 3, 2010

Update #16....I 'Heart' New York!!

At the end of July, I got the opportunity to go to New York City with my mother-in-law, Debra, and 2 sister-in-laws, Lauren and Amy! We had the most FABULOUS time! I have never been to New York, and it did not disappoint! My sis-in-law, Lauren, is an amazing dancer and goes every summer to take dance classes so they have been numerous times before and were perfect tour guides. We had such a wonderful time and did all things 'New York'...shopped til we dropped, went to 3 Broadway plays, ate great food, stayed up way too late! (I think we averaged a bedtime of about 2 am each night!), saw the World Trade Center, took a double decker bus tour, went to Central Park, bought purses in China Town, went to the Empire State Building, had makeovers at Saks 5th Avenue, and much more!! We had so much fun!! I was 30 weeks pregnant, and I think my mother-in-law was absolutely terrified that I was going to go into labor with all the walking that we did, but somehow, I was able to manage not to! :) Unfortunately, my camera battery died on Day #2 of the trip so I did not get many pictures at all! I must say also, that all of this was made possible by my sweet mom being willing to take care of Jay and Logan while I was gone. It was truly such a blessing!! I am blessed beyond words to have a mother-in-law that actually loves me enough to want to spend a vacation with me, and then also sooo blessed to have a mom who is happy for me to go, not get jealous, and be willing to watch the boys. It was so sweet of both of them!! They are definitely two amazing women!

Amy and I at Times Square

Enjoying a carriage ride through Central Park

Picking up a few souvenirs at the M&M store

Of course, these were the two sweetest sights I saw all week! :)

It's always good to go, but also always good to get home. I missed my boys like crazy, but it was so much fun to have a little get-a-way and some much needed girl time!! I love my '2nd' family :) and feel so blessed to have gotten to spend this week with all 'the girls!!' Thank you, Debra, for including me and Amy on such a fun trip and for truly loving me and treating me like one of your own! You're a blessing in my life that I am so thankful for!!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash