(As always, it is so hard to get a good picture of even just 2 kiddos...I think Jay had just 'hit' his head on the fireplace screen...it's always something!)
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Update #19....Happy 31st B'day Trey!!
Trey celebrated his 31st Birthday on September 17th!! Unfortunately, we BOTH spent the entire day camped out in separate bathrooms with a horrible stomach bug. It was truly miserable!! But, once we both recovered and were back in the land of the living, we had a wonderful birthday party for him with both families!! Everyone came to our home and we enjoyed talking, eating, playing, opening presents, and eating birthday cake. I love having both families in the same town, and it is always so much fun on occasions like this! Our house is definitely packed out and buzzing with energy, but it's such a great time!
Trey opening presents from the boys
(As always, it is so hard to get a good picture of even just 2 kiddos...I think Jay had just 'hit' his head on the fireplace screen...it's always something!)
We always have helpers to help with the blowing out of the candles now. In fact, we cannot even sing 'Happy Birthday' without both of them pretending to blow out the candles at the end (whether there is a cake in sight or not!)
'The cousins' LOVE helping open the presents!! It does not matter that they are not for them...they just want to help open them up!
Every single birthday, Christmas, or whatever holiday...the ONLY thing Trey will ask for is Lowes gift cards. It has gotten to be a joke on both sides because we all get so aggravated because he truly will not give anyone 'ideas' for presents other than gift cards. So, this year, I decided to play a little joke on him. I emailed everyone in the family and told them to get him Lowes gift cards. They all brought them in gift bags so he thought he was getting actual presents, but every single person got him a Lowes gift card. I was a little bit nervous that he might actually be disappointed, but he was ECSTATIC! He came to me later like a kid in a candy store and told me that this was '...like the DREAM birthday party!' I don't think the front door had shut with the last person leaving before he had run to the kitchen and had all his gift cards around him to 'tally up' what he had gotten. Oh Trey...you are so funny and keep me laughing!! Happy 31st Birthday!!
(As always, it is so hard to get a good picture of even just 2 kiddos...I think Jay had just 'hit' his head on the fireplace screen...it's always something!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment