Monday, September 6, 2010

We're still alive and kickin'!!

This very well might be the longest blogging 'break' in all of blogging history...9 whole months!! Life has been moving so fast for us as a family. I have never really gotten into scrap booking so I have always loved the idea of being able to use my blog as a 'scrap book' to look back on life and remember little details and events that seem to get forgotten over the years. So, as boring as it may be to any of you reading this...I am going to use the next few posts to 'catch my blog' up on our life because we have had just a few 'minor' life events happen in the past nine months such as a 1st birthday, a move, 2 family weddings, a pregnancy, vacations....just to name a few! And, I definitely want the blog to be up-to-date when our new little man arrives so that I can post pictures of him. :) As I was going through all of my pictures trying to figure out how to tackle this 'updating' project....I couldn't help but notice how much my boys have grown up in 9 short months!! As a mother, life seems like a constant tug-of-war between being amazed at how fun and amazing each stage is, yet somehow still longing for them to be stuck in the stage they were just in and never growing a day older. I used to be a Point of Grace fanatic....I sang the songs, memorized the lyrics, went to the concerts, tried to copy their clothes, and dreamed one day of singing in a group just like them. :) As I was looking at these pictures, the lyrics to one of their songs kept playing over and over in my head which is so odd because I literally probably have not heard this song in about a decade. One of the verses says:
This day is fragile - soon it will end
And once it has vanished, it will not come again
So let us love with a love pure and strong
Before this day is gone

Such a simple reminder that 'this day' is fragile and will never come again! So be sure to go and hug and kiss your babies before you go to bed tonight! And...if you're at all interested...come back tomorrow (or in a few weeks!) for the beginning of a 9 month update on our family of 4 (but not for much longer!) Night!
Logan - December 2009

Logan - June 2010

Jay - December 2009

Jay - June 2010

1 comment:

Team Honnoll said...

WOW! They are so BIG and so handsome! Can't wait to read about your updates. I agree with the tug-of-war-thing. It's bitter sweet to watch time slipping away so quickly. But more sweet than bitter, and SO worth it. ;)

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash