Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sesame Street in a Whole New Light

There are days when I think I should change the name of this blog to "Following the Diaper Sagas of the H Family". I really and truly do not mean to make this blog all about our 'potty experiences', but quite frankly, that is a large part of what our life consists of these days. Once again, we had an 'experience' yesterday that I thought was just too funny not to share!
After Jay's b'day party on Saturday, I asked Trey if he would mind holding Logan so I could vacuum the floor. Trey said, 'Sure!' and had him on his lap while Logan was happily playing with a Sesame Street Elmo phone that Jay had gotten for his b'day. The phone was still in the box, but you could still play with it and hear the cute music and all of that. When I finished vacuuming the boys' rooms and came back into the living room, I noticed that about an inch and a half of the top of the cardboard box was missing from the Sesame Street phone packaging. I asked Trey if he ripped it off- to which he looked down, noticed the missing part of the box for the first time, noticed the drool all over the box and Logan, and then goes, 'Oops!' He then proceeds to tell me that it will be good for Logan's system.
So, yesterday morning, I am changing Logan's diaper and I happen to notice something lime green showing through the small mound he has just deposited in his diaper (do you like how I come up with 'proper' wording so I don't sound crude?!?!). Upon further investigation, I read the word 'SESAME' just as plain as day!!! I am not even kidding!!! I start yelling for Trey to come and look at this. As I am going on and on about, 'Poor Logan!' and 'How could his own dad let this happen to him?' and 'No wonder God made mothers so the dads don't have to take care of the children'.....I look over and see that Trey has propped the diaper up on the chair and is proceeding to have an entire photo shoot of this blessed HORRID event...to which I begin my speech again of 'No wonder God made mothers.....' Oh my!! The joys of living with my hubby!! Much to your disappointment, I will spare you from the pictures- just take my word for it!

**Discaimer: Trey is typically, normally, and almost always the most wonderful, helpful, and amazing father. He just happened to have a brief brain malfunction on Saturday afternoon. The SEC Championship was on....wonder if that had anything to do with it?!?! :)
My hubby...the 'Father of the Year!'
(just kidding....we love you tons Trey!! :)

1 comment:

Cari said...

Hey!! You have fallen off the blog-band wagon! You busy or something?? Ha!! When you get sometime blog about your new house and pregnancy. I dreamed last night it was a girl.... :)

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash