**Warning! There are way too many pictures in this post...sorry!**
Happy 2nd Birthday to our little man!! Jay (and all of us!) had a fun-filled weekend!! We kicked it off with a family birthday party on Saturday morning complete with a potato bar and pinata. :) With both of our families, we had a total of 23 people here! Needless to say, it was a very 'cozy' event due to living in a rent house right now.We had people everywhere...we had card tables set up in the boys' rooms just to have enough space for everyone to eat. It was hilarious!! I know I say this all the time, but Jay (and we!) are so blessed with both of our families. I am always overwhelmed at how loved we truly are. It was so sweet of everyone to be here, and both of our families are the BEST at picking out presents! Jay is literally set for the next year. He has been one busy boy the last few days playing with all of his new and exciting toys.Today was Jay's actual birthday. Tonight, we went and ate at Logan's Roadhouse as a family and then went and got a live Christmas tree. We had so much fun!! At Logan's, they had Jay stand up on his chair while they announced to the entire restaurant that it was his birthday and gave him a 'Yee-haw!' and a round of applause. It was so funny!! Jay looked so little on that chair and kept looking at me as if to say, "I can't believe they are doing this for me! This is wonderful!!" He was like a celebrity when we left with everyone watching him and talking to 'the birthday boy'! It was too cute, and I know he LOVED the attention. :)
We then headed to Lowe's to pick out a Christmas tree. We have a fake tree that we normally put up, but it is too tall for this house so we decided to do a real tree this year. My family always had a real tree growing up and I loved it, so it was fun to get to do the 'real Christmas tree thing' again. Trey has never had a real tree before and was so funny tonight! He kept calling me 'Paula Bunyan' just because I knew how to pick one out, shake it out, strap it to the car, and water it when we got home. (That might not be funny to anyone else, but I thought it was so funny!!) He literally was acting like I was part of a secret society that he knew nothing about.
We got the tree safely home, and ended the night with (another) birthday cake for Jay! It was a super fun weekend/day with tons of memories and special moments that this 'mama' will hold dear to her heart for years to come!
Birthday cake #1

The 'cousins' crashing with Veggie Tales after their sugar high :)
Jay with some of his b'day 'goodies'
Family b'day dinner at Logan's
'Yee-haw!' for the b'day boy!
'I think we've found a keeper!'
Logan...happy that we found our tree and are finally going to get him out of the cold
Daddy's little helper....
'Paula Bunyan' doing what she does best (...according to Trey)
Birthday cake #2
Got the tree up!
Bible stories in front of the tree
Goodnight kisses for the b'day boy!Jay- we cannot believe you are already 2 years old!! It seems impossible that time has flown by this quickly. You are adorable, hilarious, a wonderful big brother, a thumb sucker and blanket lovin' boy, an entertainer, a cuddler, lover of music and dancing, obedient, ALL boy, witty, tender-hearted, a blessing, and JOY to our lives! James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift comes from above!", and that is truly what I think every single time I look at your sweet face (and your little brother's too! :) We don't know why on earth God saw fit to bless us like he did when he allowed us to be your parents, but we are forever grateful and thank him daily for his gift to us!! We love you Jay!! Happy 2nd Birthday!

3 comments:
Oh I just love all the pictures!! Sounds like a great birthday!!
That cracks me up about the tree! Happy Birthday JAY!
Happy Birthday Jay!! I love the post with all the sweet pictures! I remember where I was when I got the message that Jay was born! Fun memories!
Post a Comment