Monday, November 30, 2009

2 (short) Years Ago Today.....

Wow....I looked at the calendar this morning and realized that exactly two years ago today was my due date with Jay. Two years ago today, it was just me and Trey....no Jay, not even any thoughts of Logan yet, no clue what the next two years would hold, no idea how my life would change, no idea how I would never see the world the same way again, no idea that 5 1/2 months later...I would be pregnant again (this still makes me laugh! :), no idea that I would love two tiny little boys so much!! Whew...what a crazy past two years it has been. When I look at those pictures, I almost feel like I am looking at a different person. I cannot imagine the house just having Trey and I walking around. I cannot imagine having endless hours to myself. I cannot imagine (or remember) what I did with all my time. I cannot imagine not having my boys in my life. I cannot imagine not getting to love them! There are days when I feel exhausted and overwhelmed and then I look at these pictures taken just two years ago....and I can see why. My life has changed so drastically in 24 short months! When I came across this picture, I said, "Look Trey! My nails were done, my tree was decorated, my make-up looked great, and I was sitting around printing up posters to take pictures with!! Now, THAT is funny!!" :) Yes, life does change, and so many things change with it...but I would never change it for the world! As cliche' as it sounds, this Thanksgiving, I was so thankful for the sweet family of my very own that God has given to me. Tears well up in my eyes each and every time I think of Trey, Jay, and Logan and how thankful I am to have them. God has been and is so good to us and my heart could not be more thankful!! So, thank you Lord, for the past two amazing years and the two amazing boys you have given to us!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

This makes me excited to see where I'll be in two short years! :)

Their costumes were adorable! The clown totally cracked me up!

Christina Anderson said...

Girl - I remember you being due with that first one like it was yesterday as well!!! Doesn't time really fly. There are some days that seem so long.....but when looking back....it's like they've all went so quickly!!!

Little Oak Table said...

what a sweet post!!!

ok this is so random, the word verification thing says "pregov"...hmmmm

Cari said...

Can't believe that was two years ago!! Seems like just yesterday to me -- ha! But I'm sure not to you!! Congrats on a great family! Maybe 2010 will bring another baby to your family -- lol. Don't shoot me!

Oh and I hope I look half as cute as you in your "40 week -- Baby or bust" picture!!

Cari said...

O, and I hope to see you guys soon! Its been way tooo long!! (Sorry for the random thoughts -- they come and go like that these day!!)

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash