Sunday, September 26, 2010

Update #2....Welcome to the World Baby Andrew!!

At the end of January, my oldest sister, Sarah, and her family welcomed Baby #4....or precious Andrew Cole in to this world!! He was a big 'ole fat boy weighing in at 9 lbs. and 12 oz. and has just been the sweetest addition to their family. His birth was especially meaningful to all of us. You might have remembered me posting HERE that my sister was expecting Baby #4 in December of '08. I was so excited because their child and our Logan were only going to be 4 months apart. It was so fun to be pregnant with my sister! We actually had a doctors appointment on the same day and had carpooled together. I had my appointment first and I remember waiting and waiting for Sarah to finish. Eventually, the Doctor himself came out to the waiting room to get me. He did not say a word, but just motioned to me to follow him, and the tears started flowing. I remember walking the long hall crying the entire way because I somehow knew what they were going to tell me. They were unable to get a heartbeat on the baby, and Sarah ended up miscarrying. Her husband, Todd, had come to meet her at the doctor, and I remember driving home alone just sobbing and feeling so guilty that my child was OK and hers was not....yet also knowing that neither God or my sister would ever want me to feel guilt over something like that. The next morning, I poured over Scripture begging God to give me something to pray for their family as I knew their hurt and pain was a million times more than what I was feeling and He led me to Psalm 27:13. "I am still confident of this: I will see the GOODNESS of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." I began to daily pray this for them, and begged God for them (and all of us!) to see his goodness and hopefully life again. A few months later, they announced that they were expecting again!! So, I guess I should say that they welcomed Baby #5 in to their home in January. I will never understand why God allows heartache and pain such as miscarriage, but my heart goes out to anyone and everyone who has ever experienced that pain and feeling of loss. Andrew has certainly blessed all of our lives already. He is truly THE CUTEST little boy you have ever seen. I really need an updated picture because he has this adorable little face and blonde hair that is just precious. Jay and Logan are completely taken with 'Androos' and love talking about him. Logan is especially fascinated with him and seems to enjoy having someone below him in the 'pecking order' of the cousins. :) We love you so much 'Androos!' and are blessed beyond measure that you are a part of our family....definitely God's sweet gift to all of us!

Here is the big boy himself with his Daddy....aka Uncle Todd.

Here is the entire family of 6 just days after Andrew was born....such a sweet (and attractive!) family. :)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash