At the end of April, we celebrated "Aunt Rachie's" 21st birthday with a fabulous family bowling party! I must say, it is the craziest feeling for me to have my 'baby' sister turn 21. First of all, I cannot believe that she is that old; and second of all, I cannot believe how OLD that makes me!! I never understood why "old" people always talked about how young they felt and couldn't believe how fast time flies and now I totally understand. But, needless to say, we had a great time! Rachel got some great presents including a cat tent for her cat Dora compliments of Abby! I think Abby was more excited about the tent than Rachel was. We also all got a great laugh out of the 'walkers' that they have to help the kiddos bowl. Have you ever seen those before? I've posted a picture below, but it is basically a contraption that helps you 'roll' the bowling ball straight, but it looks like a very odd walker. We all laughed and laughed over this and had a great time getting to see the kids use them!! Rachel is a precious sister, aunt, daughter, sister-in-law, and FRIEND to all of us. She is gentle, kindhearted, loving, and pure and I love her so much! I love the saying that says, "Sisters by birth, friends by choice!" This is truly how I feel about all of my 3 wonderful sisters and it was such a joy to get to celebrate such a special birthday with one of my best friends! Love you Rachie Roo!!
Happy 21 to Rachel! (I love how Trey is holding up the 21 just in case we couldn't read the candles on the cake, and how Abby is taking a picture of me taking a picture!)
Rachel with the 'parentals' aka Mom & Dad, Mimi & Pop, Big Jim & Cindy Loo Hoo

Stiff competition: Rachel vs. Seth
Aunt Sarah, Abby, & Ethan with the hilarious 'bowling walkers'
Abby ADORES her cousin Jay
The 'dynamic duo'....Uncle Todd & Aunt Sarah
Emily & I showing off our great dance moves...the bowling alley offered a wonderful musical selection with which we were able to show off our 'skills'!!

Me and the love of my life and best friend!!

1 comment:
Christina!! Holy cow!!! that was the SWEETEST thing that you wrote about me!! oh my word, i feel like i don't deserve it. but i'm pretty amazed how cool it is that the Lord has allowed my sisters to truly be my best friends-- i am soo thankful for you and utterly love all the time now we get to hang out now that your full-time job is being a mommy!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!! (and i love these blogs--- i've got to get me one!! :) hehe
Post a Comment