Thursday, October 8, 2009

A 'Mini-Vacation'

For whatever reason, Jay was up a couple times in the night last night. He's not sick....I think he might have just been scared. I put him in bed with us and I think he basically just laid there awake from about 3:30 - 4:30 until I put him back in his bed. All that to say, HE IS STILL SLEEPING!! I have already had my shower, gotten myself completely ready, fed Logan, played with Logan, done some laundry, done the dishes, enjoyed a nice cup of coffee, and had my quiet time...all by 10am (and I slept until after 8 myself)! (For those over-achievers out there that do that every morning by 7am...don't tell me! I really don't want to know and am completely comfortable in my under-achiever some days. :) I love my kiddos to pieces, but it is definitely a comical reminder how much you can get done without interruptions. So, sleep on sweet boy! Ha! Trey always makes fun of me for using the term 'mini-vacation'. He said he had never heard it until he met me. Whenever I am stressed, I always tell him, 'I need a mini-vacation!' I totally realize that I don't have the time to stop my life and take a full blown vacation, but maybe a 'mini-vacation' will hold me over. So, this morning has been a 'mini-vacation' thanks to Jay's sleepiness....and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! :)

Here's a couple of cute pics from this past weekend.....Jay and I went down this little (or big) slide thing at the UCA game. As you can tell from the picture, we THOROUGHLY enjoyed ourselves!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

We are taking a mini-vacay up to the lake house in November. Sad to say it but that's the first free weekend and if I don't get a mini soon I might not make it! Enjoy your little ones. I'm so glad you are back to posting!!!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash