- As I was changing Logan's diaper, I hear Jay making an odd gurgling noise and then a huge splash. He had tried to get a drink of water from my cup. He was soaked, the carpet was soaked, and he was screaming like it was acid on his skin!
- As I am getting my coffee, I go to shake up the creamer (don't know why, but I always shake it before I pour the creamer) and the lid was not closed. Sticky hazelnut creamer went everywhere!!!
- For some odd reason, Logan decides today is not a good day at all to take a morning nap. He was crying and fussy all morning long. Just as I get him quieted down, a huge penguin (one of Jay's favorite toys) comes flying into the room and hits the floor with a thud and the penguin proceeds to loudly sing the 'cute' song that he sings. Oh well for Logan's morning nap!
- I realize today is not a good day for a shower. As I am trying to simply brush my teeth and hair, I hear a splash and see Trey's toothbrush in the pot. (Shhh!! Don't tell him...I, of course, told Jay that I was so glad it was his Daddy's and not mine! We're really working on the heart issues here!! ;)
- While I'm attempting to finish getting ready, Jay knocks my beloved bronzer off of the counter and it shatters into a million pieces. :(
- I decide it would be a good idea to have an 'extra-curricular' activity and make some cookies. Um...not such a great idea! Started cookies: 10am. Finished cookies: 1pm. Yup!
- While trying to watch the dogs out the window, Jay gets stuck between the entertainment center and loveseat.
- While playing with toys, Logan gets stuck under the ottoman.
- While playing with toys, Jay gets stuck in the basket.
- While feeding Logan, I see Jay scamper off with two whole cookies stuffed into his mouth.
- Another splash...this time, I find rubber duckie and other misc. bath toys floating in a pool of urine from where I forgot to flush the pot. (Yes, I have reached the point in my life where I actually don't have time/forget to flush the pot.)
- I find a cookie in my decorative bird's nest. Why not? Bird's eggs and cookies...they go together right?
- Another splash...Logan has pulled the lid part out of his sippy cup and drenched himself. He thinks it's hilarious!
- While trying to help Logan with his sippy cup, Jay pours the rest of the water all over himself and the kitchen floor. He doesn't think it's hilarious...'Acid on my skin' scream again....and another change of clothes...for both of them!
- Don't forget to add in about 6 diaper changes, 4 outfit changes, 4 meals, and a nursing baby....all by 1pm. (far cry from my previous post of a mini-vacation huh?!)
For those of you that know me well, you know that I LOVE country music! If you have time, you really should listen to this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4NTXT96EM (The only correction I would make in the song is for the whole 'we made love' part to come AFTER 'we took the vows' part! :) It is so sweet!! I love the part that says, "Remember when, the sound of little feet was the music we danced to week to week." I remember hearing this song when Jay was just a few months old and thinking that it would be forever until I actually 'heard' the sound of little feet....and now it won't be long until I hear the sound of two sets of feet! I don't know what I'm going to do when those precious sounds are gone. Every time I hear this song, I think of our parents and just sob. I'm sure it feels like just yesterday that they had a houseful of kiddos and now they're already watching their babies raise babies. It goes by so fast....
These are exhausting days....but these are precious days! Thank you Lord for these wonderful children....they are truly a gift from above!
Here are my two 'darlings' attempting to 'help' me with cookies...ha!

"No nap for me!!"
**I forgot to mention that the whole reason that song came to mind was because I had the radio on and Jay thinks it is so funny to turn it up REALLY loud. So, after Logan and I had already been attacked by the flying penguin and I was trying to calm Logan down, I hear this song BLARING from Jay's room...who says God doesn't use kiddos to help teach you lessons?!? "Out of the mouths of babes..." or in our case, I guess it would be, "Out of the mouth of the babes' radio" or something like that.... :)
**I forgot to mention that the whole reason that song came to mind was because I had the radio on and Jay thinks it is so funny to turn it up REALLY loud. So, after Logan and I had already been attacked by the flying penguin and I was trying to calm Logan down, I hear this song BLARING from Jay's room...who says God doesn't use kiddos to help teach you lessons?!? "Out of the mouths of babes..." or in our case, I guess it would be, "Out of the mouth of the babes' radio" or something like that.... :)

8 comments:
Some days I wonder if it would be better to crawl back in bed! Love that I'm not the only one with those kinds of days. You crack me up!
Babydoll, that was absolutely hilarious.. I know it has been a challenging day, but I want you to know that you are an awesome mom, and these boys are so blessed to have you beside them every day.. Only you could go through a day like today and still wear a smile.. I will be home soon , but I might be a few minutes later than I expected..... I'm going to stop by Wally world and pick up a new toothbrush.. :). I love you!
This post made me laugh...and cry. (And that song makes me cry every time I hear it). I guess this is what I have to look forward to? I am a planner too, so I'll have to save this post to read on those days that don't turn out like I "plan." :)
Loved reading about your day!! Those boys sure do seem like a lot of fun and always keeping you on your toes!! :) Thanks for sharing!
Oh dear gussy! Is this what I have to look forward to?! :) such cute boys though!!
Christina, I just cringe and chuckle at the same time reading this post! How many days I've had the same kind of experiences. It's awesome that you go to bed still very much so in love with those children and so thankful for them........and look forward to a better day tomorrow!!! Trey is absolutely on target that these boys are so blessed to have you loving and leading them. Keep on loving and skipping showers when necessary to keep up with those boys.......there will always be time for a shower later! Love how much you love your family
Bless your heart! I was exhausted just reading what you had to go through! Goodness!
love this post...such a good reminder
Post a Comment