Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rice Cereal & A Half Birthday

I know it seems like we are super late on this, but we started Jay on cereal this weekend. It was so much fun and so funny! Like any new parents, Trey and I got so excited and really played it up to be such a huge deal. We laughed because 'they' tell you to make it so soupy at first that we felt like we should have just given Jay a straw instead of a spoon. But, he really seemed to love it. There was nothing too exciting or too eventful to report. As we have always known, he is a great eater and would eat as much as we would give him....he takes after his mama! We also celebrated Jay's 'Half Birthday' on Saturday. He was exactly 6 months old. I feel like the theme of this blog should be 'Time Flies' because I feel like I am always bringing up that point. Time has never flown like it is now until we had Jay. When people ask me how old he is, I honestly feel like I should say, "6 weeks". I have no idea where my tiny newborn boy has gone! He has been traded in for a laughing, smiling, playful, thumb sucking, content, precious, and absolutely perfect little boy. Happy Half Birthday to Jay!!

Not so sure....just checking it out.

Deciding to give it a try....

Trying to give Daddy a hand....

"I think I like it...."

"I LOVE it!!"

"All done...back to the thumb."

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Yea for Jay! :) I still love seeing him sucking his thumb. So cute!

katielongino said...

he is seriously the cutest little guy ever!

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for an update........... i know jay's eating more than rice cereal now!!!

Christina Anderson said...

I can not believe how big he's gotten!!! Adorable!!!

Shannon said...

I can't believe I check this everyday! :) I bet he has changed so much...I want to see pics!! I agree with anonymous. What else is he eating?! :) It is time to get out the mac handbook. I can't wait on Trey anymore!!!

Little Oak Table said...

how fun! that is so sweet that your hubby was feeding him!!

Paige said...

Yes we will be there tomorrow. It's just so sad but there is so much glory that has been given to God because of it.

You guys be careful!

Paige

Shannon said...

Man, Jay has been eating rice cereal for awhile now!!! Is he eating anything else??? :) jk

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash