
Jay is at that age where literally every.single.thing. that comes out of his mouth is hilarious!! It is so funny, but also a little bit scary because you never know just what he might say and just who might hear it. For weeks now, I have been meaning to 'blog/document' some of his 'funnies'. At the time, it seems like you will never forget them, but then I find myself trying to remember them just a few days later. So, all that to say....(disclaimer) these might not be near as funny to you. Obviously, I can just sit here and picture Jay and his silly little faces and funny antics as he does all of these things. So, if you're interested...read on. If not, I completely understand! :)

One morning, I was finishing getting ready and Noah was laying in his pack-n-play 'playing' and Jay was leaned over him desperately trying to get him to 'talk' to him. He kept going, 'Noah, can you say Mimi? Can you say Grammie?' to which, of course, Noah was just looking up at him with a huge grin, but no words. Finally, Jay turned to me and said, 'Mama, make Noah Walker talk!' to which I told him that he was still a little young to say actual words. Jay then looked at me, and with all seriousness said, 'Oh, Noah Walker needs new batteries.' And then just walked off like problem solved, case closed. (Can you tell that we are
always out of batteries around this house?!?!)

There is this Christmas Veggie Tales that Jay loves. (And that we are still watching even though it is April!) In the beginning, there is a scene of a little girl and her 'Grandpa George' and 'Grandpa George' is telling her a bedtime story. For the longest time, Jay has pretended that I am Grandpa George, and after we read his bedtime story he will say, 'Oh thank you Grandpa George! I love that story!' (because the little girl says that in the movie.) Well, a few weeks ago, I read Jay his story, he thanked me as 'Grandpa George', and then he went to sleep. Probably an hour or so later, I was on the computer and I hear his bedroom door open and this voice loudly start calling out, 'Hey George! Hey George!' I stayed where I was and he proceeds to walk all the way to me and gets right up to me, never cracks a smile, or breaks character and says, 'Hey George! I need to go to the bathroom.' I looked at him and said, 'Why are you calling me George?' And he just stared back at me like...'That's your name isn't it?!?!' So I helped him go to the bathroom, helped him back in bed, and shut the door to hear him say, 'Hey, thanks George!'

I have this t-shirt that has a picture of a man sitting in a chair on the back of it. The other day, Jay walked past me, looked at the back of the shirt, and says, 'Hey Mommy! That man's in time-out?' Bless his little heart! I started laughing so hard!! He is at that stage where he is very familiar with time-out and I guess in his mind, no one would voluntarily just sit down in a chair and be still unless they were in timeout!

Jay goes crazy if a fly gets in the house and will come and get me and say, 'Mom, catch that bee!' Well, one day a fly was in here and he kept begging me to catch (actually kill) it. I was in the middle of making breakfast so I told him that I would get it in a little bit. Since I was too slow on the job, Jay jumped up and started racing around saying, "I'm gonna getch you bee! I'm gonna getch you!" as he was flailing his arms and running around. A few minutes later, he walks in the room and says, "Mom, I ate that bee!" and sure enough, he is chewing away on something (and I can hear it crunching!). I said, 'JAY! Did you really eat that fly?!" And he goes, "Ya, I ate that bee! Mama, that bee YUCKY!!" Oh my...guess he got his protein for that day!

When Logan was in his full body cast, he had to have a 'special needs' car seat to ride in so that his legs would actually fit in the car. It kind of just elevated him and caused him to sit back farther and much higher. One day, as we were driving somewhere, Jay looked over at Logan and noticed his unusual height. He then said, 'Mom, is Logan a giant?!?!'

One night, Trey's brother and his fiance were at the house eating dinner with us. Jay was so excited that they were here and was loudly showing off and doing all kinds of antics at the table. Trey asked him numerous times to calm down and be a little bit quieter. Jay continued to get louder and louder so Trey finally sent him to his room for a few minutes. Trey then walked back there to 'let him out of time-out' and was giving the whole "Please don't be so loud", "We know you're excited, but you don't have to go crazy" speech. As he was wrapping up his speech, I guess Trey leaned down to Jay and said, 'Jay, you don't always have to be so funny.' To which Jay reached up, cupped his little hands around both of Trey's cheeks, pulled Trey's face to his own face, and very emphatically whispered, "Daddy, I HAVE to be funny!" What did Trey do? Bust out laughing!!!

Yes, sweet Jay, you are definitely funny! And there are times (most times!) when I really and truly think that you honestly have no choice but to be funny!! God has gifted you with a great sense of humor and a love for laughter!! We love your joy for life and we love you even more silly boy!!! (...and WHY and HOW can he look soooo old in this picture below?!?! Is that really my son!?!?)
3 comments:
Love this post! Too funny! My favorite..."Mom, is Logan a giant?!" Hahaha!!
What a funny character!! How awesome to see them begin to unwrap the gifts that God created them with!!!
(btw, I'm enjoying all your recent blog posts!)
This is so funny!!! Such a fun age!
I love reading about your precious boys, I hope you don't mind since I really don't know you! :) My husband went to school with your sister, I think, and we must have several mutual friends because I started "stalking" your blog after noticing you linked on several others :) Your 3 boys are just so cute! I have two of my own around the same age as yours, boys are so fun!
Post a Comment