Sunday, September 20, 2009

SURPRISE and Happy 30th Trey!!

**Warning...picture overload! :)

Well, it's official...the man of my dreams is O-L-D!! :) Thursday was Trey's 30th birthday!! We had a huge surprise party for him last weekend. It was soooo much fun!! Since we ended up moving on our anniversary this year, I told him that I was finally taking him out to dinner for our anniversary. After a few 'delays', and a babysitter switcheroo (from my sister to the 'real' babysitter....we have so many family here that are always more than happy to babysit so I knew I couldn't have a 'real' babysitter showing up at the door without him being suspicious) we went to a restaurant where 40 of our family and friends were waiting for him. The expression on his face was truly priceless as they all yelled SURPRISE at him. I really don't think he knew what to think! I have told everyone that I am done with surprises forever...I am not good at all that story telling and lying...I just can't do it!! I got so tired and nervous at having to cover my tracks and watch what I said, whew! I'm glad it's over with. But, it was definitely worth it. He truly talked about it for days later. I prayed and prayed that he would be surprised, have fun at the party, and feel honored....he is a great man and has lived 30 years definitely worth celebrating!! (it sounds like he's dying....:)

For Trey's actual birthday gift, we took an overnight to Branson. It was so much fun!! It's amazing how just 36 hours free of responsibility can energize you and give you a totally new perspective. My parents (Mimi and Pop!) kept the boys for us while we were gone. It was so sweet of them...I kept telling Trey that they were literally 'doing' our work for us just so we could relax and play! We were like teenagers again...we shopped (literally 'til we dropped!), ate out, saw a movie, stayed up late, slept in late (wonderful!!!), ate some more, drank good coffee, laughed our heads off, and just enjoyed relaxing and being together. It was so much fun! I'm really good at giving him gifts that I get to benefit from as well. :)

Happy Birthday Trey... Being married to you is truly one of the greatest joys in my life! Life with you is a fun (and funny!!) adventure and it has been even more fun to get to see you be an amazing Dad to our two boys. I pray and pray over those precious boys and their lives, but it definitely makes it easier to sleep at night knowing that they have such an amazing Dad and man of integrity to model their lives after. I hope they grow up to be just like you!! We love you....Happy Birthday OLD MAN!! :)
The Howell 'siblings'
The Stockdale 'siblings'
The 'parentals' (aka Mimi & Pop and Grammy & Grandad)

The Birthday Boy
Friends and more friends....:)

1 comment:

Christina Anderson said...

So hated that we couldn't make it that evening but I'm so glad it turned out wonderful!!!! Enjoy 30----it's not as bad as it's cracked up to be!!! :0

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash