Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Baby Jay" Turned ONE!!

Our sweet boy turned ONE year old last Sunday!! (We laugh that Jay is still going to be 'Baby Jay' when he is 16 years old.) We celebrated his b'day at our house on Saturday with a party with both my family and Trey's. Even though it was just a 'family party', there were 19 people here!! We had a wonderful time and Jay got TONS of presents!! I think we could compete with Toys 'R' Us in the toy selection! Jay LOVED getting to eat birthday cake for the first time. I have told everyone that I truly think he would have sat for 2 hours and eaten the entire thing if I had let him. He sobbed when I took it away from him....poor boy...he is so mistreated! :) A couple of days later, we had his 'one year' pictures made so he got to do the 'cake thing' again and enjoyed it just as much the second time around!! I tell Jay all the time that "He is one loved boy!", and his birthday could not have been a better reflection of that. Jay is so blessed to have so many grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that absolutely adore him. It is honoring and humbling to get to watch our precious boy be loved on by our families. They are so sweet to him, and all made such an effort to buy him the 'perfect' toys! We love you all TONS!

Sunday night (Jay's actual b'day), as Trey and I prayed over Jay and tucked him in bed, I could have literally just sobbed out of gratitude to the Lord at what that tiny boy means to me. There is nothing on earth that could have prepared me for the way he would come in to our lives and steal our hearts. There is a part of me that is so sad as I realize how quickly this year has flown by and how much he has already grown and changed. Then, there is another part of me that is so excited about the future....what his personality will be like, what a great big brother he will be, what he will find funny, what he will be good at, what funny things he will say as he gets older....Jay, your dad and I love you to death! You have totally stolen our hearts and we are the proudest parents alive! Thank you Lord for giving us this sweet boy to raise...may we always turn to you for wisdom in parenting...may Jay grow to love life and love the Giver of life!!! We are blessed beyond words! Happy 1st Birthday 'Baby Jay'!!
What happened to our tiny baby?!?!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

He is so cute! I cannot believe he is already one too! Crazy! Those pictures were great!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Jay!!!! I am so sorry i haven't blogged any of his one years yet! i will hopefully get that done soon! :) thanks for letting me capture your son's first year! i have had a wonderful time watching him grow! i look forward to baby number 2!!!

Stephanie said...

I am SOOO teary! I cannot believe how big he has gotten in just a few months! I will talk to you in a little while but his gift is ordered. I am SO thankful for him too! Seems like just yesterday I did not sleep ALL NIGHT after getting your call!
Love you all,
Stephanie

Team Honnoll said...

This is a beautiful post and it made me cry! You are such a sweet mother and Jay is a special little boy. :) I love his "1" tee shirt! Where did you get it? You have a precious family. I hope pregnancy number 2 is going well!

Cari said...

What a sweet post! He has grown up so fast. You and Trey have been great parents...Jay is a lucky boy!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your summaries of the Howell journey. It is hard to believe that Jay is one already & #2 will be here soon. Being a grandfather is so fulfilling and a wonderful blessing. I am so proud of you and Trey as you are laying a great foundation for your children to be "oaks of righteousness." (Is. 61:3) Keep those blogs coming.

Melissa Stover said...

what an adorable cake! the year flies by so fast. i can't believe my baby is already 5 months old.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash