Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Logan!!

Happy Birthday, Dear Logan, Happy Birthday to you!!
Logie-Loo....How can you already be 2 years old? That truly does not seem possible. I have looked forward to this day for weeks now. I could not be more proud of you sweet boy!! This was a wonderful year for you, but these last few weeks in your full body cast have been tough. You have always been adorable, kind, compassionate, funny, contemplative....but you have 'grown' so much since having your cast on. It sounds so funny to say that an almost 2 year old has 'matured' because of a trial, but you truly have. Being in that cast truly changed you!! You are still the same precious Logan, but you are even more content now, more cuddly (which I love!!), and seem to have an inner strength that only hardships can produce. I know that I sound crazy saying all of this about someone so young, but I was having all of these thoughts and feeling crazy and asked your Dad if he felt the same way and he wholeheartedly agreed!! What a blessing you are to this home!! I have never seen someone that gets tickled so easily in all my life. You LOVE to tip that head of yours back and just laugh and laugh. You LOVE wrestling with your dad. You LOVE following your brother around and playing with all the things that he does. You two boys are definitely a pair! You and Jay were playing outside yesterday and you were sitting in the drivers seat of the 'Gator' steering and Jay was in the passenger's side with his foot reached over to push the pedal for you...that's what I call teamwork! :) Since having your cast on, you LOVE to be rocked each night. You and I will get in that rocking chair every night and you will immediately say 'Song', but the only song you want to sing is 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' so we sing it every night about 20 times! You LOVE to pray before every meal. I can never understand all of the words in your prayer, but when you are finished, you will loudly say 'Aaaamen!' with that strong country accent of yours! You LOVE giving kisses and will get on a 'kissing kick' and grab my face and kiss me about 20 times in a row. By the end of it, we are both laughing hysterically!! I could go on and on....you are one special boy! Each time I see your sweet face and your huge blue eyes, I thank the sweet Lord that he blessed our family with you. I can't tell you how many times I say to your Dad, "I love that boy!!" I pray your 2nd year of life is absolutely wonderful! Your Dad and I are thrilled that we get to be beside you every step of the way!! We love you tons Logie-Loo!! Happy 2nd Birthday!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Awww Happy Birthday Logan!

Heather said...

Happy, Happy, HAPPY birthday Logan!!! What a sweet, sweet boy and such a blessing! He and Avery Kate could be some prayin' fools together--she loves to pray these days, too! :)

eggonthehead said...

Oh my goodness, Christina! Look at your precious family. Logan is a mini-you!! I miss you and wish that we lived closer. I love you and your family. Tell Trey hello for me !

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash