Monday, August 31, 2009

Logan Jameson is here....almost 6 months ago!

I guess I should begin my blogging update by saying that Logan Jameson Howell is here....and he's almost 6 months old!! :)

Logan was born on Thursday, March 5th at 11:02am. He was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 20 inches long. Before Logan was born, I kept thinking about how different our life was going to be with two boys instead of just Jay. And now, I cannot even imagine or hardly remember our life without him. He is the sweetest child!!

When we were in the hospital with Logan, we had a few minor scares including a heart murmur, blood incompatibility, jaundice, and a possible thyroid problem. Of course, the entire time, I was just praying for my tiny and precious baby while also thinking about my 'big boy' Jay back home and dying to see him. To spare you all the details, everything checked out completely fine, and Logan is a healthy and happy 20 lb. boy now. :)
But, I will never forget sitting in the hospital just waiting to hear 'one more thing' that might be wrong and reading over and over the words of Psalm 5 that say, "But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield." When we were trying to decide on a name, I kept coming back to the name Logan. I just loved that name! And then I fell in love with it even more when I realized that the Christian meaning for Logan was 'preserved and protected by God'. I thought it was so neat that Logan literally came in to this world covered with God's protection. (I'm sure I won't think it is as 'neat' when he and Jay are 15 and 16 and are giving me all kinds of reasons to be praying for their protection! :)
Logan's little personality is already adorable! He smiles constantly. He is completely fascinated with his older brother. Jay is the one person that can consistently get a belly laugh out of Logan. He is super mobile (especially compared to big brother Jay who decided to wait to walk until he was 16 months old!!) Logan spits up constantly....a soaked shirt seems to be his daily uniform. I could go on and on, but I'll stop for now. It never ceases to amaze me how much you can truly love your kiddos. I never thought that simply looking at either of my children could immediately bring tears to my eyes, but it has happened again! We love him more than anything, and are so thankful that God saw fit to allow him to be a part of this family! We love you little Logan!

**I've posted some pictures that were taken when Logan was one week old. Once again, the pics were taken by the amazing photographer, Lindsey! :)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash